Just a quick post to say, I am not in fact dead, or missing presumed… or otherwise dropped off the proverbial face of the earth. I’ve just been a bit, what I like to term ‘busy’. What this really involves being tired; frustrated and not getting around to posting anything, or having anything particularly interesting to say. Sorry chaps, I’ll have some interesting things soon hopefully 😀
Hmmm, so what’s in the wings? Well, I may be going to do some casting for some friends, I won’t give too much away, but it’ll be small, vaguely Mexican and a little macabre, in resin probably, for the purpose of jewelry. Oh what fun, could be the beginning of a whole new area of…. whatever, ability, profession, something. Anyway, I’ve always wanted to get into casting (of various sorts) so I’m excited to experiment and add to my repertoire of technique.
I’m also planning on starting to do some textile printing, just for fun at the moment, but who knows, maybe I’ll start a line of macabre boutique silk scarfs or something haha
I spent too much today:
- I bought a Persian rug for my room (a steal at $45!! but I only went into the shop for rubber gloves in preparation for working with resin haha)
- And 7m of Calico (when I really only need four for the ceiling hanging I’m planning on doing). Oh well, you can never have too much Calico! about $26 or something, cant quite remember.
- Oh and a can of French Polish / Shellac for finishing my Cigar-Box Guitar, when I finally get back to making it haha. $7.90
- Blue/white Pinstriped shirt w/ French cuffs for $6 from an opp shop, I love Opp shopping ;D
- Two pictures/Frames to frame some of my artwork I printed out (maybe put the two digital paintings of my friend Katie in them, since they’re matching, and then try and find somewhere to put them where I don’t feel odd having her in duplicate staring down at me). $8(although they didn’t accept eftpos so my mother paid.
- Pair of sunglasses with holographic eyeballs on them (see center of my glasses hanger pic), oh what fun! $1.95
- Block of Plastercein for mold making walls for box molds etc… I don’t know, it’ll be useful) $2.95
Total= $89.80 Not tooooooo bad I suppose, except I have bought lots of other things lately, in which case it’s been an expensive week or so. I must stop buying things!
Ah well, I’ll keep you all posted (the vast hordes of followers I have ;p )